Security Agent (Aviation)
Do you have what it takes to be a Security Agent with Securitas?
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Security Agent to join our dynamic team on a Permanent basis. This role is perfect for anyone who is looking to stay within the Security industry or looking to start a new career in Security.
The role of a Security Agent is to provide a security service at a designated working location in line with the Assignment Instructions and customer requirements in order to protect the customer’s employees, property and other assets.
Securitas will allow you to demonstrate your exemplary customer service skills as you engage with customers, clients and visitor. throughout each shift, whilst remaining alert to security issues and keeping everyone safe.
We are an internationally successful, protective services and security provider, combining cutting-edge technology with world-class security intelligence and our global network of experts cover every security risk.
Security Officer | Protective Services | Aviation security |Guard | CCTV | Door Staff
This role is working within an aviation environment, you will be responsible for carrying out searches, on both aircraft and passengers. Checking documents, ID documents, vehicles, cargo and employees, as well as passenger behavioural analysis.
This varied role also includes escorting VIPS and high value cargo and working with external stakeholders to ensure the safety of everyone and everything within your area.
KEY TASK AREAS / RESPONSIBILITIES
Carrying out aircraft searches
Carrying out physical passenger body searches
Aircraft observation Identification checking
Passenger document checking
Catering supply searching
Passenger profiling (Upon completion of extra training)
CONTROL AND GUARD DUTIES;
• To control entry/exit at gates/doorways/other control posts by;
• Checking ID cards, tickets, passes and other documentation of staff, passengers and other personnel;
• Checking documentation of vehicles, cargoes, drivers, passengers and other personnel.
• To prevent unauthorised entry to and exit from buildings, aircraft and other specified areas.
• To undertake patrols on foot and or vehicle of operational, terminal and other building installations, car parks, boundaries and
other specified areas. To be responsible for alarm systems and the security of specified buildings.
• To issue, register and receive keys, ID cards, lost property etc, in accordance with established procedures and policies.
• To carry out as a regular searches of passengers, baggage, vehicles, aircraft, building and other specified areas.
ESCORT AND PROTECTION DUTIES;
• To escort and ensure safety of VIPs, other persons, vehicle and high value cargoes to specific locations within the airport.
• To liaise with and summon assistance from police, immigration and other emergency services as necessary.
• To take appropriate action in accordance with established emergency, etc, procedures (including those procedures relating to
Securitas Security Services (UK) Ltd March 2016
• To maintain a log of all incidents requiring investigation and to submit reports on incidents.
• To use radio/telephone, other specified communications and monitoring systems and to operate control room equipment.
• To drive and maintain vehicles.
• To advise and assist passengers and members of the public on general enquiries and to provide assistance to disabled passengers.
• To use appropriate devices for detection and security purposes.
• To have a sound knowledge of, and be able to implement, Airport Byelaws and to deal with offenders.
We offer a variety of benefits including Life Assurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, charitable giving, pension scheme, advice services, discount on car leasing or purchase,
To work with us you will need to have resided in the UK for a minimum of 3 years. Be confident, articulate and communicate well both verbally and in written language.
Our team need to be immaculately turned out, polite and proactive when engaging with customers to ensure a complete customer experience is provided, as we aim to maintain our outstanding reputation for excellence.
Successful candidates will be required to carry out various duties including body searching X-raying of
baggage, bag searching and patrolling.
• Excellent customer service and a professional attitude are essential.
• Good communication skills and a keen willingness to learn.
• Multi-lingual skills are desirable.
• A 5 year background check will be carried out on all candidates and you will need to provide a Criminal Record Check when requested.
• A colour blindness test will be carried out at interview. Previous experience although preferable is not essential as full training will be given on a satisfactory completion of 5 year background check. Candidates will also be required to complete a Counter Terrorism Check before training commences.
• Candidates must be flexible as hours of work are varied and times will normally be either be very early morning e.g. 03:00 starts, or late in the evening. Additional overtime shifts will be available.
• Due to the times of work own transport is essential and candidates must hold either a valid passport or Full UK photo driving licence.
• SIA licence is not required for this role
About The Company
With our roots dating back to 1934, Securitas is one of the largest Security Service organisations in the world specialising in protecting Corporate Organisations, SME’s and the public. We boast a workforce of 370,000 employees worldwide with 10,000 employees in the UK alone
- Company: Securitas
- Location: Doncaster
- Job details: Full-Time
- Salary: £9.23 to £9.23 per hour
- Closing date: 28th Feb 2022