Must hold a full UK driving licence.
To provide professional HR consultancy advice to the education sector and private company clients mainly located in Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield, Notts, York, Redcar & Cleveland. The role involves working with a very inclusive and engaging team who support each other and encourage open discussions of cases to further knowledge and share expertise. The role is unique, varied and flexible in that it is an outsourced HR consultancy service delivering high quality HR Advice to a variety of clients.
• Providing advice and guidance to clients on all employee related matters
• Deliver creative HR solutions and provide expert advice on complex matters relating to employee relations, performance management, recruitment & retention and organisational change
• Develop, manage and maintain good working relationships with all customers and stakeholders, including trade unions and promote a customer focussed service.
• Responding to ad-hoc queries and being able to translate employment law into succinct and pragmatic advice
• Reviewing, updating and drafting policies, procedures and handbooks
• Supporting clients to align their HR strategy to support their core business
• Drafting documentation to support a wide range of issues including
• Absence management
• Redundancy & Restructures
• Performance management & capability
• TUPE Transfers
• Collective Consultation
• Settlement Agreements
• Pay and benefits
• Drafting Contracts of Employment
• Undertake pre meetings with clients to coach them through any formal meetings in advance.
• Provide advice and guidance to panels at formal, discipline, grievance and dismissal hearings and appeal hearings.
• Provide advice at strategy meetings in line with Department for Education
• Manage a case load and adhere to timescale, and managing client expectations
• To develop strong professional relationships with clients, building trust and understanding of different clients workplaces.
• To deliver training on a range of HR subjects for small groups of clients
• To evaluate situations and provide appropriate advice based on assessing risks and effective case management for clients.
• To take a lead role in consultation with trade unions on behalf of clients.
• To provide advice and guidance on all employee relations matters, including
▪ Sickness absence cases
▪ Discipline & Grievance
▪ Restructures and redundancy
▪ People management.
▪ TUPE Transfer
▪ Terms and conditions of employment
• Working with solicitors to prepare for Employment Tribunals
• Undertaking investigations into misconduct on behalf of clients.
• Supporting clients to undertake investigations into misconduct.
• To provide job descriptions for clients when required.
• Attend formal meetings as a representative of the client (outsourced HR) when required
• To provide clients with updates on cases/project work and meet clients expectations of the service.
This job description is not exhaustive and other duties may be required, but these will be within the remit of the role.