Must hold a full UK driving licence.
To support the HR Consultants to provide professional HR consultancy advice to the education sector and private company clients mainly located in Doncaster, Rotherham, Sheffield, Notts, York, Redcar & Cleveland. The role involves working with a very inclusive and engaging team who support each other and encourage open discussions of cases to further knowledge and share expertise. Working as part of an experienced team will give this role exposure to a variety of case work and provide for the opportunity to develop to the next step of HR.
• Assist to develop and implement policies, procedures, contracts and staff handbooks to enable clients to achieve their business objectives.
• Develop, manage and maintain good working relationships with all clients and stakeholders, including trade unions and promote a client focussed service.
• To undertake the generation of sales by contacting schools and actively maximising the business growth
• To contribute to the design, implementation and delivery of effective training programmes relating to HR policy and practice.
• To send clients documentation, such as job descriptions, adverts, contracts of employment and policies
• To produce letters and contracts of employment for customers
• To gather and research changes in legislation to produce termly newsletters for customers (Education Sector) and Private sector
• To produce documentation for formal hearings and assist in the preparation of documents for employment tribunals
• Undertake continuous professional development, including keeping up to date with current legislation.
• To advise clients on recruitment and selection issues, including development of job descriptions, person specifications, the whole grading process, selection processes and participating in interview panels when necessary.
• To send News Bulletins out to clients across the year.
• To manage the booking of training for clients.
• To manage the company social media accounts and website.
• Update policies in line with legislation for clients, working with clients to understand their needs whilst adhering to employment law
• Manage and work with clients on sickness absence cases, providing advice and guidance, letters and associated documents.
• Assist and lead where appropriate on other Human Resources projects and activities.
• To give advice on terms and conditions of employment.
• To undertake project work on behalf of clients
• To ensure that all clients queries are responded to in a timely manner.
• To set up new clients on the company system
• To provide advice and guidance to clients on grievance, discipline and absence procedures with a view to managing cases as part of a development process.
• Provide advice and guidance on Maternity, Paternity and Shared Parental leave when required.
• To work alongside the HR Consultants in delivering complex employee relations support to clients to enable development to the next level of HR.
This job description is not exhaustive and other duties may be required, but these will be within the remit of the role.