Doncaster Sheffield Airport are hiring a Cargo Business Development Executive, this is an opportunity to join one of the fastest growing cargo airports in the UK.
You will support Cargo revenue by developing new and existing cargo business, acting as account manager and the link between the Commercial and Operational aspects of the Cargo operation. A key component to drive the airport’s cargo revenue, you will add real value to airport’s growth plans.
What to expect from the role?
- To act as account manager for existing cargo operators; this will involve meeting new and existing clients in person, therefore some travelling is essential for role.
- To work closely with the Head of Cargo to seek new opportunities to develop new cargo business.
- To develop business cases / sales proposals and commercial agreements.
- To act as the primary point of contact for quotations and enquiries for ad-hoc business.
- To maintain and build relationships with the Air Cargo industry, third party suppliers and control authorities.
- To represent the Airport at meetings, exhibitions, event and trade shows, including the delivery of presentations.
- To maintain and build relationships between the customer and the operational functions of the airport, ensuring customer needs are met and to maintain a level of regulatory knowledge and approvals.
- A flexible approach to work as you will assist with Cargo operations within the Hangar including building and screening cargo and providing access control services at Control Point.
- To assist in the development of budgets, cargo billing, cargo statistics and data, including, but not limited to Cargo Throughput, Revenue and Operational Performance.
- Perform industry monitoring and market analysis. Monitor and react to competitor activity within the aviation sector.
- To develop and maintain the Cargo Contact Database and create other databases as and when required.
- Proven competency in a similar role e.g. selling road, sea, courier or airfreight solution.
- A track record in business development via telephone and face to face sales.
- Possess a natural inquisitive nature.
- Demonstrate an optimistic approach.
- Self-motivation, with the ability to work autonomously using your time effectively and planning efficiently.
- Strong interpersonal, numeracy and organisational skills.
- Strong listening skills, including good written communication & presentation skills.
- Customs knowledge would be an advantage.
- Competent knowledge of the airfreight industry would be desirable.
- Freight industry qualification if appropriate.
- A good working knowledge of a CRM system and Microsoft Packages
- Good commercial acumen and able to analyse data.
- An ambitious nature with the drive to achieve and exceed targets.
- A flexible approach to working hours is essential.
- Able to pass a colour perception test
- A full UK driving licence.
- You will also be required to complete a Criminal Records Check / Counter Terrorist Check and a full five-year background check.
Our people and culture are paramount to the creation of our award-winning Airport. You will champion our IMPACT values:
Our IMPACT Values:
Maintain a safe and secure environment
In return you shall receive:
- Competitive salary, plus benefits
- Annual leave – up to 33 days (service related)
- Company Pension Scheme (up to 6% employer contribution), plus a death in service scheme (4 x annual salary)
- Holiday buy scheme
- Free car parking
To apply: Please forward a covering letter, stating your current salary and CV to the HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is 26 July 2021.