B1.1/C Modification Certifying Engineer
2Excel Aviation Ltd is an industry leader in specialised and innovative solutions for aviation’s most complex challenges. Our success is based on the talented and experienced people that make up our workforce. We are seeking a full time B1.1/C Modification Certifying Engineer to join our dedicated Capability Development Team here in Doncaster.
This is a permanent post and will involve the supervision on non-licensed personnel whilst fabricating and modifying components on company B200 along with other aircraft. Performing major structural repairs and minor repairs on composite components either attached or detached to aircraft.
The role’s key responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with complex structural modifications and repairs either on or off aircraft.
- Conducting hidden damage inspections of aircraft structures.
- Removal or installation of aircraft components as required.
- Support with mechanical or electrical removals and installations as needed.
- Comply with environmental health and safety policies and procedures.
- Perform and document work completed as per appropriate manuals and regulations stipulate.
The following skills, knowledge and experience are essential for this role:
- An unrestricted UK CAA B1.1/C License (preferably with B200 type rating or similar)
- Received training from a sheet metal aircraft technical school or have completed an apprenticeship within the relevant field.
- Demonstrate experience of structural sheet metal repair or modification, or substantiated similar experience.
- The ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings.
- Effective communication skills, in both written and verbal form on individual level and aircraft status.
- Own a basic set of sheet metal hand tools with the ability to demonstrate inventory and control of tools.
- Demonstrate recent experience and knowledge of B200 or similar aircraft.
- Good IT skills
- Desirable current Human Factors Training and proof of Initial Human Factors Training, EWIS and FTS.
- Flexible and able to travel to work at other sites as required.
In return we can offer you a competitive salary dependant on previous experience, generous holiday allowance, private health care, company pension and EV car scheme. In addition, you will become an Employee Owner as part of our Employee Ownership Trust (EOT).
Applications by way of CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
2Excel is committed to promoting equitable treatment, encouraging diversity and embracing inclusion in our recruitment processes and among our workforce. We are proud to be recognised as a Disability Confident Employer.
- Company: 2 Excel Aviation
- Location: Doncaster
- Job details: Full-Time
- Salary: Competitive